Topic: Is this the right group for math help?
Replies: 16   Last Post: Aug 19, 2013 1:00 AM

Thomas Nordhaus

Re: Is this the right group for math help?

Am 17.08.2013 04:29, schrieb Söhne des Schattens Brüder des Lichts:
> "Mark Rivet" <rivetmark@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I am attempting to finish my calculus training on my own. I am using a book
> called "quick calculus". It has been many years since I've had my calc I
> class. I will need some help as I go along and some of it may be with
> algebraic manipulations. Is this the right group to questions of this
> nature? I am doing this for my own personal edification.
>
> sure. write it out with spaces
>
> X ^ 2 = X * X makes it easier to read

Spaces are fine - but this I don't like. Put the spaces at the right places:

Hard to read: x^2-3x+5=0.
Better: x^2 - 3x + 5 = 0.
Ugly: x ^ 2 - 3 x + 5 = 0

Just my personal opinion. But usually I won't read hard to read or ugly
texts till the end.

--
Thomas Nordhaus