Topic: Is this the right group for math help?
Replies: 16   Last Post: Aug 19, 2013 1:00 AM

quasi

Re: Is this the right group for math help?

Bill wrote:
>Paul wrote:
>>Mark Rivet wrote:
>>>
>>>I am attempting to finish my calculus training on my own.
>>>I am using a book called "quick calculus".

>>I recommend Calculus Made Easy, by Silvanus P. Thompson,
>>which is free on the web.

>I just took a look at the book online. It would be hard for me
>to recommend a calculus book which does not use the phrase
>"chain rule" (or other modern terminology). If it was so
>wonderful, it seems that there might be more references to it.
>YMMV.

The MIT OCW project makes the following text freely available
in pdf format:

Author: Gilbert Strang
Title: Calculus
Download Link:
<http://ocw.mit.edu/ans7870/resources/Strang/Edited/Calculus/Calculus.pdf>

I haven't looked at it very carefully so I don't know how good
it is, but it's at least worth a look.

quasi