Topic: parametric plot and filling
Replies: 9   Last Post: Aug 23, 2013 4:56 AM

Bob Hanlon

Re: parametric plot and filling

I would try to convert it to a standard plot.

ParametricPlot[
{{2 t, -t^2}, {6 + 2 t, -t^2}},
{t, -2, 2},
Axes -> {True, False},
Ticks -> None,
PlotStyle -> {{Thick, Cyan}, {Thick, Green}}]

Plot[
Evaluate[y /. {
Solve[Thread[
{x, y} == {2 t, -t^2}], {y, t}],
Solve[Thread[
{x, -4, 10},
Axes -> {True, False},
Ticks -> None,
PlotStyle -> {{Thick, Cyan}, {Thick, Green}},
PlotRange -> {-4, 0},
AspectRatio -> 0.285714,
Filling -> -4]

Bob Hanlon