Topic: parametric plot and filling
Replies: 9   Last Post: Aug 23, 2013 4:56 AM

Murray Eisenberg

Re: parametric plot and filling

Right, Filling is not a permissible option to ParametricPlot.

But suppose Wolfram wanted to make it an option. What, exactly, do you
propose it should do. For example, in what way would you expect a
Filling option to work with each of the following?

ParametricPlot[{Cos[t], Sin[t]}, {t, 0, 2 Pi}]
ParametricPlot[{s, t}, {s, -2, 2}, {t, 1, 3}]
ParametricPlot[{t, 2}, {x, -5, 5}]
ParametricPlot[{t Sin[t], t Cos[t]}, {t, 0, 6 Pi}]

On Aug 20, 2013, at 7:36 AM, Francisco Gutierrez
<fgutiers2002@yahoo.com> wrote:

> DoesParametricPlot admit the Filling option? Seems it not? How then to

perform it?
> Lokk at the following simple example:
>
> ParametricPlot[{{2 t,-t^2},{6+ 2 t,-t^2}},

{t,-2,2},Axes->{True,False}, Ticks->None,
PlotStyle->{{Thick,Cyan},{Thick,Green}}]

> The if I introduce the Filling command inside PlotStyle nothing

happens, and outside it produces an error. Any ideas?
> francisco

---
Murray Eisenberg
murray@math.umass.edu