Topic: do you know geometry?
Replies: 8   Last Post: Aug 25, 2013 3:55 PM

Bart Goddard

Re: do you know geometry?

RichD <r_delaney2001@yahoo.com> wrote in news:035d16a3-39b2-4963-a12b-
e0b00997ed80@googlegroups.com:

> Start with a sheet of stiff paper, and a pen.
> Draw an outline of a shape, such that when
> cut out with scissors, it will fold into a cube.
> You're permiited to draw interior folding lines.
>
> Everyone here will regard this as trivial.
> But I've tested it on 6 people, and only 2
> got it the first try.

I suppose the successful people did it the same
way? I'd guess the "cross" would be the obvious
solution. It'd be interesting to see if anyone
found a more creative solution. If starting four
sentences in a row with "I" is a record, please
call Guiness.