Topic: Most Americans Unaware of Common Core
Replies: 7   Last Post: Aug 23, 2013 9:57 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Most Americans Unaware of Common Core

Robert Hansen (RH) posted Aug 22, 2013 9:23 AM:
> On Aug 21, 2013, at 8:32 PM, GS Chandy
> <gs_chandy@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> Two out of three US citizens have never heard
> about Common Core State Standards (CCSS). Out of
> those who have, fewer than half believe the new, more
> rigorous academic goals in English/language arts and
> mathematics adopted by all but four states so far
> will make the United States more competitive in the
> world.
> 1. Two out of three US citizens fail algebra
> (actually, it is higher than that).
> 2. That should address everything else you said
> regarding "stakeholders".
> Bob Hansen

That is what you believe "addresses the issue"?

My sincere congratulations to you! Do be happy!! I guess most of the others who failed may prefer to do something about it rather than 'address it' in the way you suggest.

("Still Shoveling! Not PUSHING!")

Message was edited by: GS Chandy