Topic: parametric plot and filling
Replies: 9   Last Post: Aug 23, 2013 4:56 AM

W. Craig Carter

Re: parametric plot and filling

Here is another way to get filling:

OrbitOrbit[ r_, t_, n_] := { r Cos[n t ] + Cos[t], r Sin[n t] + Sin[t]}

ParametricPlot[OrbitOrbit[r, t, 6], {t, -Pi, Pi}, {r, .25, .9},
PlotStyle -> {Thick, Red}, Mesh -> False, PlotPoints -> 36,
ColorFunction -> (Hue[#3, 1, 1, 0.25] &)]

W Craig Carter
Professor of Materials Science, MIT