Topic: Most Americans Unaware of Common Core
Replies: 7   Last Post: Aug 23, 2013 9:57 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Most Americans Unaware of Common Core

Robert Hansen (RH) posted Aug 23, 2013 6:43 PM, http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9230752:

> On Aug 23, 2013, at 12:27 AM, GS Chandy
> <gs_chandy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > The OPMS process, which I recommend for problem
> solving in general, is based on the 'systematic
> application' of common sense; i.e., 'common sense' is
> taken to be a prerequisite.
>
> That reminds me. Wasn't there a budding partnership
> with Clyde in the works. How is that progressing? You
> could both leverage this common-sense ticket.
>
> Bob Hansen

Was there? Do provide a reference (if you can). I suspect it is an exercise of your prolific imagination. Almost Dali-esque, one might term it.

For this is surely the first I've ever heard about it! (Of course, I must check with Mr Greeno about it).

Apart from this "budding partnership", have you been seeing many other imaginary beings, beauties and beasties around you these days? Any pink elephants, perchance?

As to the 'leveraging of common sense', I would certainly seek to do that - but not by invention of the RH kind as instanced above.

GSC
("Still Shoveling! Not PUSHING!")