Topic: Combine string matrix and integer matrix
Replies: 7   Last Post: Aug 25, 2013 9:11 AM

dpb

Re: Combine string matrix and integer matrix

On 8/23/2013 2:13 PM, Sincloe Brans wrote:
> Hi Saravanan
> It works if I specify the items inside my B matrix as you described
> ('a', 'b',...), however it is not in a matrix format though.
> my B matrix keeps changing so I can only specify it as [B] or {B} while
> concatenation. My output C = [A B] where A is integer matrix and B is
> string matrix, dimensions are assumed to be same.

You _can't_ concatenate different types into the same array.

You _can_ make C a cell array w/ a numeric and a character array in the
cells.

Or, you can convert all the numeric values to strings and create a
larger character array--a cell array would probably be more handy.

What is the end result of this desired operation, pray tell? If you
were describe what your actual objective is in the end instead of how to
do what is essentially impossible a better solution may ensue.