Topic: A finite set of all naturals
Replies: 7   Last Post: Aug 24, 2013 2:44 AM

Peter Percival

Re: A finite set of all naturals

Nam Nguyen wrote:
> On 23/08/2013 8:59 AM, Ben Bacarisse wrote:

>> How is 2 defined in L2(*)? What are the axioms for *? Don't both use S?

> _Here_ I was merely clarifying the relativity (the language dependence)
> of "positivity"/"negativity" of non-logical formulas in general, and not
> attempting to define something specific such as 2.

Is it sensible to talk about language and not specify what the language
is? Note that it is even worse if you are talking about two languages.
It your claim about the truth value of cGC about expressions in some
particular language? If so, which language?

--
Sorrow in all lands, and grievous omens.
Great anger in the dragon of the hills,