Topic: Log Sense
Replies: 29   Last Post: Aug 27, 2013 2:55 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Log Sense

Robert Hansen (RH) posted Aug 24, 2013 6:52 PM, http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9235200 (GSC's remarks interspersed):

> On Aug 24, 2013, at 12:46 AM, GS Chandy
> <gs_chandy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> >(GSC) Math is, after all, THE subject ('par excellence'
> >so to speak) that the great majority of students
> >learn to fear and/or loathe by the time they leave
> >school.

> (RH) You have not made a convincing argument that
> students don't fear math simply because they are just
> not good at it.

Now THAT triple-negative statement is something even Frank Zubek might well be proud to own. I frankly am entirely unable to figure out just what it may be that you think you want to say, claim or argue.

>Actually, come to think of it, you haven't
> made any argument at all.

OK, then there's no argument at all. But you have gone on ahead and made some arguments, I notice. ENTIRELY based on false statements, as is your wont!

>You just say that teachers
> make students hate math.

False statement. Kindly point out where I "say that teachers make students hate math".

>I guess they also make
> students hate music and a dozen other things that
> they are, coincidently, not good at.

PLEASE NOTE: the above is YOUR statement, not mine.

>Where is your
> evidence that teachers make kids hate math?

I have NO evidence at all "that teachers make kids hate math" - I have never claimed that "teachers make kids hate math"!!! This is the well-known 'RH style of arguing a case', no doubt?

> The correlation between kids hating math and kids not
> being good at math is enormous, but where is there
> any evidence of teachers making kids hate math en
> masse?
>
> Bob Hansen

I have NEVER claimed that "teachers make kids hate math en masse"!

Please to explain, if you can, just where you might have obtained these ridiculous claims from. (Doubtless from the same place where you manufactured the lies that "OPMS is just list-making and nothing else").

GSC
(Still Shoveling! Not PUSHING!")

Message was edited by: GS Chandy