Topic: Log Sense
Replies: 29   Last Post: Aug 27, 2013 2:55 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Log Sense

Robert Hansen (RH) posted Aug 25, 2013 7:17 PM, http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9235517:

> On Aug 25, 2013, at 12:49 AM, GS Chandy
> <gs_chandy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > I have NEVER claimed that "teachers make kids hate
> > math en masse"!

> So you agree that students hate math all on their
> own?

No. I do NOT agree. (As you well know and are attempting to conceal that you do not know).

> If it isn't the teachers, then it must be the
> students.

No - it need not be (as you *should* know).

For an 'engineer'/ 'mathematician'/ 'expert on ontology'/ 'CS guy'/ (or whatever), you seem to be somewhat deficient in the processes of logical deduction that you claim to employ.

> Or I suppose you claim that it is the way
> it is taught, by the teachers?

I might agree (in part) with the suggestion that it is the way it is taught by people (teachers AND parents) who believe the right way to teach children math is to PUSH them.

>Again, where is your evidence and chain of reasoning
> behind whatever it is you believe?
>
> Bob Hansen

Where is your "evidence and and chain of reasoning" behind whatever it is you are claiming that I believe?

GSC
("Still Shoveling! Not PUSHING!")