Topic: Log Sense
Replies: 29   Last Post: Aug 27, 2013 2:55 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Log Sense

Robert Hansen (RH) posted Aug 26, 2013 6:07 PM (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9235779):

> On Aug 26, 2013, at 4:05 AM, GS Chandy
> <gs_chandy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Where is your "evidence and and chain of reasoning"
> > behind whatever it is you are claiming that I
> > believe?

> I think you are confused.

Think again.

Kindly do read and at least try to understand, RH. The question asked was:

"Where is your 'evidence and and chain of reasoning' behind whatever it is YOU are NOW claiming that I believe?" (Emphasis and the word "NOW" added).

I should have thought that was clear enough.

English 101 should do the trick.

> I am the one that came on
> here and spent a few years researching curriculums,
> textbooks and results. I have been quite forth coming
> with my reasoning, research and evidence.

Well, I do extend to you my sincerest congratulations for your wonderful 'research' on curricula, textbooks and results.

With all of that, the US should certainly have excellent curricula, textbooks and results pronto. When you have your results in, do extend to us other nations around the world some of your wisdom so that we may also modify our curricula, textbooks and rules in the light of the 'research' you have conducted. Meanwhile, I shall start a petition at Change.org (or whatever) to put you up as Czar of US Education.

>You on the
> other hand seem to be stalling on answering my simple
> question...
>
> Where is your evidence and chain of reasoning that
> supports your constant drone that mathematics is
> taught by teachers in a manner which causes students
> to hate it?

Why lie? That was NOT your question!

If you will kindly look at your own post, your statements/questions were:

(RH, dt. Aug 24, 2013 6:52 PM, http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9235200):
QUOTE

>>...You just say that teachers make students hate math. I guess they also make students hate music and a dozen other things that they are, coincidently, not good at. Where is your evidence that teachers make kids hate math? The correlation between kids hating math and kids not being good at math is enormous, but where is there any evidence of teachers making kids hate math en masse?

UNQUOTE

Of course, that was preceded by the wondrous triple-negative which I've not managed to figure out yet:

>>You have not made a convincing argument that students don't fear math simply because they are just not good at it. Actually, come to think of it, you haven't made any argument at all.

I most earnestly BEG you to explain that wondrous 'logic'.

As noted, English 101 should help a bit.

> Or are you now retreating from this view? Which looks
> very much like nothing more than a wish.
>
> Bob Hansen

English 101 will SURELY help!

GSC
(Still Shoveling! Not PUSHING!")