Topic: Will Richardson Why Schools and Algebra 1
Replies: 17   Last Post: Sep 2, 2013 4:59 PM

Wayne Bishop

Re: Will Richardson Why Schools and Algebra 1

At 11:13 AM 8/29/2013, Richard Strausz wrote:

>One thing that the mobile technology could help with is access to
>good quality instructional videos, such as many by the Khan Academy.

I definitely prefer a well-run, on-task, direct instruction (with a
healthy "discovery" component a la the TIMSS videos of Japanese
classrooms) led by a competent mathematics teacher but, if that is
unavailable, your suggestion is excellent. Thanks,

Wayne