Topic: IA / Geo Combo Platter Class
Replies: 9   Last Post: Sep 5, 2013 12:02 PM

Evelyne Stalzer

Re: IA / Geo Combo Platter Class
att1.html (7.7 K)

Tom, the expectation is that they will take Geometry next. The chances of
this population making it to Algebra 2 are slim to none. We do have an
elective course for pre-college math that focuses on the kind of math
students need for CUNY college placement tests - basically, trying to avoid
remedial math placement in college (or needing less of it). That's a common
third course for the students in this progression. The other elective
option for the third course is Business and Personal Finance, which is
taught to juniors and seniors as a third or fourth math course and is often
used for students who need another math credit and have not had much
success in getting that credit in the usual algebra and geometry classes.

Nick, thanks for the top 50 worksheet. In taking a first look at it, I am
seeing that there are a few things I will have to review for myself before
I feel comfortable teaching them again. This was a lot of work and
beautifully arranged. Thanks for sharing it.

Evelyne Stalzer
Riverdale / Kingsbridge Academy
Bronx NY