Topic: Will Richardson Why Schools and Algebra 1
Replies: 17   Last Post: Sep 2, 2013 4:59 PM

Wayne Bishop

Re: Will Richardson Why Schools and Algebra 1

At 09:42 AM 8/31/2013, Robert Hansen wrote:

>Note, it is only recently that the "honors" track was called
>"honors" track. Not too long ago it was just mathematics and the
>"other" track didn't even have a name (it still doesn't).

Name or not it was always the college-intending "track" whether or
not the student was pursuing a math-based degree. For example, my
wife was straight-A in math through all that her small-town Iowa
school had. Her principal/superintendent (think small-town Iowa)
chided her more than once for not signing up for (every other year,
same as mine) physics that was part of the college-intending
curriculum. That was for her degree in elementary education 4 years
later. My, what progress we have made!

Our other "track", and I assume hers as well, had 2 branches ag or
shop stuff (welding, construction, auto repair, and the
like). Things we no longer need.

Wayne