The Math Forum

Topic: GUI executable can't access external function - suggestions pls!
Replies: 2   Last Post: Sep 3, 2013 4:29 PM

Steven Lord

Re: GUI executable can't access external function - suggestions pls!

"Arnab Ghosh" <arnab4u.always@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a GUI which through one of toolbar buttons, takes another function
> output. The function takes two vector input and returns a matrix as
> output. User selects the toolbar button, and then in the file browser
> dialog box selects a function according to her choice. It seems to be
> working fine, until I compiled the GUI into executable file. After file
> selection, strange errors is popping up. It seems that the executable can
> not access the function file. Can anyone please tell me what I am missing
> here?

You're trying to specify a function to be run at runtime and that function
was not necessarily present when the GUI was compiled? That will not work. A
compiled application can only access functions, scripts, and classes that
were compiled into the application. You can't "add in" new
functions/scripts/classes at runtime.

If you're trying to specify a function that WAS present when the GUI was
compiled but is called only via FEVAL, EVAL, etc. then you need to tell
MATLAB Compiler at compiled-time that it should include those functions in
the application. See "Does the application begin execution and result in
MATLAB or other errors?" on this documentation page.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/compiler/failure-points-and-possible-solutions.html#brto9z8

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com