Topic: Most theorems in Euclidean geometry are IFF theorems.
Replies: 11   Last Post: Sep 13, 2013 1:32 PM

G. A. Edgar

Re: Most theorems in Euclidean geometry are IFF theorems.

In article <Pine.NEB.4.64.1309032118001.16146@panix1.panix.com>,
William Elliot <marsh@panix.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Sep 2013, Lite Beta wrote:
>

> > Is there a reason why most theorems in Euclidean geometry are IFF theorems?
>
> They are? My impresion what that most were constructive.

Do you mean, most are constructions? For example, Book I Proposition 1
is: construction of an equilateral triangle.

--
G. A. Edgar http://www.math.ohio-state.edu/~edgar/