Topic: scatter3 and orthogonal marker
Replies: 3   Last Post: Sep 4, 2013 6:48 PM

Derek Goring

Re: scatter3 and orthogonal marker

On Thursday, September 5, 2013 7:55:24 AM UTC+12, Marios Karaoulis wrote:
> Imagine three sets of points (2d space).
>

> The x-spacing is the same everywhere.
>
> The y-spacing between line 1 and line 2 is alpha.
>
> The y-spacing between line 2 and line 3 is 2*alpha.
>

> If I could use different x,y length for the each square marker (in other words orthogonal) I could fill the image like the pcolor commands.

No, that is not what orthogonal means.
The way I understand it, what you want is to stretch the symbol, thus making it rectangular, not square.
You cannot do this using a marker, you need to use a rectangular patch:
help rectangle