Topic: EINSTEINIANS LYING ABOUT THE MICHELSON-MORLEY EXPERIMENT
Replies: 7   Last Post: Sep 7, 2013 12:30 PM

Dan Christensen

Re: EINSTEINIANS LYING ABOUT THE MICHELSON-MORLEY EXPERIMENT

On Wednesday, September 4, 2013 12:41:42 PM UTC-4, Pentcho Valev wrote:
> http://www.berkeleyscience.com/relativity.htm
>
> "Michelson and Morley designed an experiment to detect the ether and measure its influence on the speed of light. (...) Let's do the math. Assume light travels at a constant velocity c in the ether. Suppose the apparatus is moving through the stationary ether with velocity v. In the direction of motion, the time for the light to reach the mirror and come back is T=L/(c-v)+L/(c+v). In the direction perpendicular to the motion, the time to reach the mirror and come back is calculated by solving (cT)^2=L^2+(vT)^2, so T=(L^2/(c^2-v^2))^(1/2). The experimental results did not match this calculation. Instead T was the same for both directions (T=2L/c )."

Maybe you are not so good in math, Pentcho, but on the very next line, which left out, we have:

"The conclusion of the Michelson-Morley experiment was that the speed of light was a constant c in any inertial frame."

What do you think that means?

Dan