The Math Forum

Topic: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
Replies: 35   Last Post: Sep 10, 2013 2:12 AM

albrecht

Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?

Am Freitag, 6. September 2013 09:56:06 UTC+2 schrieb Zeit Geist:
> On Thursday, September 5, 2013 11:17:28 PM UTC-7, Albrecht wrote:
>

> > The natural numbers are exact that numbers which are written with a first object which depicts the first number which consists of one object, with a second object which depicts the second number which consists of two objects, with a third object which depicts the third number which consists of three objects, and so on.
>

> How do you "say" First, Second, Third without already having One, Two, Three?
>

> ZG

Exact this is what I say: The (actually) natural numbers are prior any reasoning, communication and language.

And the second thing: von Neumann numbers and similar "Dr. Fankenstein creatures" of mathematicians ARE NOT the natural numbers. So, why call them "natural numbers"? Idiocy, improvidence, spoofing?

Date Subject Author
9/1/13
Read Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
Jim Burns
9/1/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
Jim Burns
9/1/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
David Hartley
9/1/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
Peter Percival
9/1/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
Virgil
9/1/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
Peter Percival
9/1/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
Virgil
9/2/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
albrecht
9/6/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
albrecht
9/6/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
Robin Chapman
9/6/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
Tucsondrew@me.com
9/6/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
LudovicoVan
9/6/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
Tucsondrew@me.com
9/7/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
albrecht
9/6/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
Michael F. Stemper
9/7/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
albrecht
9/6/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
FredJeffries@gmail.com
9/7/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
albrecht
9/7/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
FredJeffries@gmail.com
9/8/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
albrecht
9/6/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
Robin Chapman
9/6/13
Read The decimals by Stevin
Brian Q. Hutchings
9/7/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
albrecht
9/6/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
LudovicoVan
9/7/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
albrecht
9/7/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
LudovicoVan
9/8/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
albrecht
9/8/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
LudovicoVan
9/8/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
albrecht
9/9/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
LudovicoVan
9/10/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
albrecht
9/1/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
Jim Burns
9/2/13
Read Re: Can L(<) be the language of the naturals?
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
9/2/13