Topic: Are any 200-page textbooks being produced?
Replies: 5   Last Post: Sep 12, 2013 2:13 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Are any 200-page textbooks being produced?

Joe Niederberger posted Sep 12, 2013 9:31 PM (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9257120):

<snip>
> The ultimate
> pictures you may want to encourage are the one's
> viewed inside the mind.
>
> Cheers,
> Joe N

Those 'mental models' are in fact the first and foremost pictures we should encourage - as these are precisely what are all too often and too easily misunderstood - and these misunderstandings lead to a a whole lot of strife in our world. We've seen a fair bit of such strife (mostly needless) right here at Math-teach.

GSC