The Math Forum

Topic: Maxwell Equations as closed algebra set of axioms proves no 4th
dimension, prove anything else? #1475 New Physics #1825 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed

Replies: 8   Last Post: Sep 16, 2013 3:49 PM

Karl-Olav Nyberg

Re: Maxwell Equations as closed algebra set of axioms proves no 4th

On Saturday, September 7, 2013 9:41:25 PM UTC+2, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> [...]
>
> making 23 axioms.
>

> So the axioms of all of physics and thus all of mathematics since it is a subset of physics are these 5 axioms:
>

> (1) all the facts and data of chemistry
>
> (2-5) the 4 Maxwell Equations
>

> Now I am trying to think of another physical parameter such as dimensions, as to a proof from the fact that the Maxwell Equations are closed algebraically.
>

> On Thursday, September 5, 2013 1:18:50 PM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
>

> > Now what the description of the below proof is in mathematics, is called a "closed algebra set". The rationals in mathematics are a closed algebra set in that if we take any two rationals and add them, we do not arrive at a "new number" not already a rational. So that in the proof that the Maxwell Equations cannot have a 4th dimension because a 4th perpendicular cannot yield a new solution for the already preexisting solutions gained from 3 perpendiculars of 3rd dimension.
>

> > Now the Natural Numbers: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, . . are not closed to division because we can take 1 and divide it by 5 and gain a new number not already existing. So that if the Maxwell Equations could take a 4th new perpendicular and arrive at a new solution not already existing with the 3 perpendiculars of 3rd dimension, then the 4th dimension exists, but it does not exist for the reasons stated above.
>

> > I wrote in sci.physics, a few minutes ago:
>

> > Maxwell Equations proof that 4th dimension is phony baloney #1461 New Physics #1811 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed
>

> > So how does the Maxwell Equations prevent the existence of 4th dimension or higher?
>

> > It does so in the fact that the Maxwell Equations are linear and so the thought of a **new perpendicular**
>

> > giving rise to a solution not already existing by the 3 perpendiculars of 3rd dimension is only wishful thinking. Every new perpendicular besides the existing 3 perpendiculars is a preexisting solution already contained in the Maxwell Equations.
>

> > So that for example if we have a alleged 4th new perpendicular of a moving bar magnet of Faraday's law coming into a Ampere/Maxwell law set-up, that this new alleged 4th perpendicular is already covered by the existing Ampere/Maxwell law.
>

> > In short, the Maxwell Equations cannot accommodate a new 4th perpendicular and that all solutions to the Maxwell Equations are handled by the existing 3 perpendiculars.
>

> > What Ptolemy proved that only 3 dimensions can exist in mathematics could not be a general proof because Ptolemy could not bring in Physics and the human mind unable to perceive of a 4th dimension. But when we anchor the proof in the Maxwell Equations we get rid of that last objection, because the Maxwell Equations cannot fit a new 4th perpendicular.

Hi.

Can you actually prove anything in physics, chemistry or any of the natural sciences?

KON