Topic: plotting integrals
Replies: 2   Last Post: Sep 21, 2013 4:24 AM

Bill Rowe

Re: plotting integrals

On 9/20/13 at 7:07 AM, btta2010@gmail.the com (Herman) wrote:

>I would like to plot the function Subscript[\[Eta], B] but I got
>errors. Could someone please help me with these errors?

>\[Psi][x_, \[Omega]_] := (\[Omega]/\[Pi])^(1/4) Exp[-1/2
>\[Omega] x^2]

>\[Psi]1[x_, a_, n_] := Sqrt[(2 n)!!/((2 n - 1)!! \[Pi])] Cos [a*x]^n

>Subscript[F, TPT][x_, a_, n_] := NIntegrate[\[Psi]1[x, a,
>n]*\[Psi][x, a*Sqrt[2 n (n - 1)]], {x,
>-\[Pi]/2, \[Pi]/2}]

>Subscript[\[Eta], B][x_, a_, n_] := Sqrt[(1 - Subscript[F,
>TPT][x, a, n])]

>Plot[Subscript[\[Eta], B][x, 1, 3], {x, -\[Pi]/2, \[Pi]/2}]

Out of the box, Mathematica really does not work well with
subscripted variables. So, try using the same functions with a
standard name, not a subscripted name.

If you really, really want to use subscripted variables, load
the Notation package and read through the tutorial for this
package. In my opinion, the effort effort involved to get
Mathematica to properly use subscripted variables via the
Notation package is not justified by the result.