Replies: 128   Last Post: Dec 8, 2013 3:21 PM

Albert D. Rich

From: Hawaii Island
Registered: 5/30/09
Re: Rubi 4.1 and the Timofeev test suite

On Saturday, September 21, 2013 8:38:33 AM UTC-10, clicl...@freenet.de wrote:

> This should help CAS programmers help improve their integrators :).
> Strange that Derive 6.10 can handle example #53 while Rubi 4.2 cannot
> :(. And Rubi 4.0 even returned incorrect results for examples #30 and
> #35.
>
> I suggest to replace ArcSin[1/x] by ArcCsc[x] throughout the file, and
> ArcCos[1/x] by ArcSec[x]. Sqrt[-1+x^2]/Sqrt[1-1/x^2] appears repeatedly
> and can be simplified to Sqrt[x^2].

A revised version of test-results for Chapter 9 of Timofeev's book is now available at

http://www.apmaths.uwo.ca/~arich/TimofeevChapter9TestResults.pdf

It incorporates the simplifications you suggested along with some related ones. Thanks!

For the test I was lenient on Derive 6.10 allowing it to assume the integration variable is real thereby making the integration easier. Without this assumption, Derive can only get a few of the problems. But hey, it's an old and tired system that needs a little help...

Albert

Date Subject Author
clicliclic@freenet.de
clicliclic@freenet.de