Topic: The sad decline of America’s colleges
Replies: 7   Last Post: Sep 25, 2013 9:25 AM

Alain Schremmer

Re: The sad decline of America’s colleges

On Sep 22, 2013, at 7:53 PM, Martin E. Flashman wrote:

> Discussion: mathedcc
>
> A discussion on all topics relating to mathematics education.

I would assume that the state of "mathematics education" and the
possible reasons for that state "relat[e] to mathematics education".

> Except for the brief mention of math remediation- in my view-the
> message that this reply addresses does not satisfy the definition of
> this e-list- it is not a discussion of a topic related to
> mathematics education.
>
> Sometimes I wish this list were moderated- I do enjoy reading
> messages that actually satisfy the definition.
> I suppose this message itself would violate the definition, except
> that I am noting how this kind of message dishonors the definition
> and thereby diminishes possible discussions that are related to
> mathematics education.
>
> I guess that is why there is a delete button.

Indeed. And nobody prevents anyone from starting "discussions that are
related to mathematics education".

> :)
>
> Martin Flashman

Regards