Topic: Imread (Index Exceeds Matrix Dimensions)
Replies: 4   Last Post: Sep 24, 2013 11:01 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Imread (Index Exceeds Matrix Dimensions)

"Simon12345 " <masskan@gmx.net> wrote in message
> "Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message
> <l177vp$p5h$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

>> "Simon12345 " <masskan@gmx.net> wrote in message

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > something very basic is going wrong here.
>> > I try to import an image into my workspace with:
>> >
>> > A = imread('roof.jpg');
>> >
>> > I also tried
>> >
>> > roof = imread('roof','jpg');
>> >
>> > And what I get back is:
>> >
>> > Index exceeds matrix dimensions.
>> > I tried multiple different jpeg's and also png, tiff, jpeg 2000, always
>> > the same.
>> > What am I doing wrong?

>> You have likely defined a variable named imread in your code. You cannot
>> use the IMREAD function while such a variable exists.
>>
>> --
>> Steve Lord
>> slord@mathworks.com
>> To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on
>> http://www.mathworks.com

> No I haven't, just opened up Matlab.
> Also did:
> clear all; close all; to be sure.
> It happens ocassionally...You have any ideas?

When it occurs, type this command:

y = MException.last

What are the contents of the stack field of y? Also look at the specified
line in the function specified by the first element of y.stack to try to
determine the cause.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com