Topic: Could 0^0=0? Maybe!
Replies: 10   Last Post: Sep 27, 2013 7:54 PM

Michael F. Stemper

Re: Could 0^0=0? Maybe!

On 09/26/2013 10:17 AM, Dan Christensen wrote:
> On Thursday, September 26, 2013 10:54:14 AM UTC-4, dull...@sprynet.com wrote:
>> On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 14:24:54 -0700 (PDT), Dan Christensen
>> <Dan_Christensen@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>>> As taught in high schools and many university courses, 0^0 is undefined.

>> Does the phrase "beating a dead horse" mean anything to you?

> I don't think any other topic has inspired as much heated debate in online math forums,

Lots of topics have generated similar amounts of debate in on-line
math fora. For instance:
- Does 0.999... = 1?
- Is 1/0 = oo?
- Short proofs of FLT
- Do irrational numbers exist?
- Do infinite sets exist?
- Is the universe one big plutonium atom?
- Can the reals and the naturals be bijected?
- How can switching doors improve your odds in the Monty Hall game?

--
Michael F. Stemper
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.