Topic: Good examples of Hall's Conjecture
Replies: 1   Last Post: Oct 1, 2013 9:19 AM

Hans Kristian Ruud

Re: Good examples of Hall's Conjecture

On 09/24/2013 03:54 PM, Hans Kristian Ruud wrote:
> The following is a slightly revised version of something I posted on
> sci.math.research on Thursday 19. September (but has not appeared so far):
>

> As well as finding the new "good examples" given above,
> the program has also found all of the the examples 2 up to 42 in the
> list of
> "good examples" given in [1]. The program used slightly less than 35
> hours to find these solutions.

I must correct myself on this:

The program used, in fact, about 1628 hours, or slightly less than 70
days of CPU time to find the items 1 -> 42 of the list of Calvo et al.

Sorry about this.

:-) Hans Kristian