Topic: "Uncle Al" Schwartz caught on video: Blast from the past!
Replies: 9   Last Post: Oct 5, 2013 10:59 PM

Lord Androcles

Re: "Uncle Al" Schwartz caught on video: Blast from the past!

"Tom Potter" wrote in message news:riN2u.6885$Bi.3553@fx17.iad...

"Lord Androcles" <71stPigeonHole6thFloor@Rochester.castle> wrote in message

> "I don't know" -- Michael Moroney wrote in message
> "I guess" -- Michael Moroney wrote in message
> gamma = 1/sqrt(1-v^2/c^2)
> for v = 0.9994c,
> gamma = 1/sqrt(1-0.9994^2)
> = 28.87184456102242327529861961622
> Clever Michael Moroney agrees!
>
> Speed of Astronaut in the frame of Sirius = distance /time
> = 8.6 ly / 8.605 years = 0.9994c
> Clever Michael Moroney agrees!
>
> Speed of Sirius in the frame of Astronaut =( 8.6 * gamma) / ( 8.605/gamma)
> = 0.9994 * gamma^2
> = 834.7c
> "Nothing can exceed the speed of light"
> Stupid Mickey Moron doesn't like it. Stupid Mickey Moron wants his own
> relativity to replace Einstein's. Stupid Mickey Moron ran away.

gamma = 1/cosine(A) - 1

where cosine(A) is the cosine of the angle
whose sine is velocity(A)/C.

The velocity/C sine function is called beta
and also the fine structure constant.

Considering that the velocity
of electro-magnetic propagation in a medium
What medium is that, Potty? Ectoplasm, the ghost of aether?

-- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway