Topic: "Uncle Al" Schwartz caught on video: Blast from the past!
Replies: 9   Last Post: Oct 5, 2013 10:59 PM

Tom Potter

Re: "Uncle Al" Schwartz caught on video: Blast from the past!

"Lord Androcles" <71stPigeonHole6thFloor@Rochester.castle> wrote in message

> "Tom Potter" wrote in message news:riN2u.6885$Bi.3553@fx17.iad...
>

> "Lord Androcles" <71stPigeonHole6thFloor@Rochester.castle> wrote in
> message

>> "I don't know" -- Michael Moroney wrote in message
>> "I guess" -- Michael Moroney wrote in message
>> gamma = 1/sqrt(1-v^2/c^2)
>> for v = 0.9994c,
>> gamma = 1/sqrt(1-0.9994^2)
>> = 28.87184456102242327529861961622
>> Clever Michael Moroney agrees!
>>
>> Speed of Astronaut in the frame of Sirius = distance /time
>> = 8.6 ly / 8.605 years = 0.9994c
>> Clever Michael Moroney agrees!
>>
>> Speed of Sirius in the frame of Astronaut =( 8.6 * gamma) / (
>> 8.605/gamma)
>> = 0.9994 * gamma^2
>> = 834.7c
>> "Nothing can exceed the speed of light"
>> Stupid Mickey Moron doesn't like it. Stupid Mickey Moron wants his own
>> relativity to replace Einstein's. Stupid Mickey Moron ran away.

> gamma = 1/cosine(A) - 1
>
> where cosine(A) is the cosine of the angle
> whose sine is velocity(A)/C.
>
> The velocity/C sine function is called beta
> and also the fine structure constant.
>
> Considering that the velocity
> of electro-magnetic propagation in a medium
> What medium is that, Potty? Ectoplasm, the ghost of aether?
>
> -- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

Electromagnetic waves convey action
from a sources to sinks
much like Newton's cradle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Newtons_cradle_animation_book_2.gif

Maxwell modeled the transfer very well
with his "displacement current".

In order to explain how electromagnetic action propagated,
Maxwell came up with the concept of "dielectric displacement"

Dielectric displacement current is charge displacement without charge
transport. Displacement current does not involve the motion of charges
(current flow), but involves the formation of electric dipoles which create
an effect similar to the movement of charges. The cyclical reversals of
these dipoles gives rise to magnetic effects, which in turn gives rise to
displacement currents. This alternating electro-magnetic cycle persists
(Propagates as light) until it is absorbed somewhere in time and space."

The most common and useful
"medium/ether" is the Euclidean framework
used to order matter and events.

In other words,
the medium/ether that matter and events
are ordered on is Euclid's map.