Topic: "Uncle Al" Schwartz caught on video: Blast from the past!
Replies: 9   Last Post: Oct 5, 2013 10:59 PM

Lord Androcles

Re: "Uncle Al" Schwartz caught on video: Blast from the past!

"Tom Potter" wrote in message news:l2hbdo$cpg$1@speranza.aioe.org...

"Lord Androcles" <71stPigeonHole6thFloor@Rochester.castle> wrote in message

> "Tom Potter" wrote in message news:riN2u.6885$Bi.3553@fx17.iad...
>

> "Lord Androcles" <71stPigeonHole6thFloor@Rochester.castle> wrote in
> message

>> "I don't know" -- Michael Moroney wrote in message
>> "I guess" -- Michael Moroney wrote in message
>> gamma = 1/sqrt(1-v^2/c^2)
>> for v = 0.9994c,
>> gamma = 1/sqrt(1-0.9994^2)
>> = 28.87184456102242327529861961622
>> Clever Michael Moroney agrees!
>>
>> Speed of Astronaut in the frame of Sirius = distance /time
>> = 8.6 ly / 8.605 years = 0.9994c
>> Clever Michael Moroney agrees!
>>
>> Speed of Sirius in the frame of Astronaut =( 8.6 * gamma) / (
>> 8.605/gamma)
>> = 0.9994 * gamma^2
>> = 834.7c
>> "Nothing can exceed the speed of light"
>> Stupid Mickey Moron doesn't like it. Stupid Mickey Moron wants his own
>> relativity to replace Einstein's. Stupid Mickey Moron ran away.

> gamma = 1/cosine(A) - 1
>
> where cosine(A) is the cosine of the angle
> whose sine is velocity(A)/C.
>
> The velocity/C sine function is called beta
> and also the fine structure constant.
>
> Considering that the velocity
> of electro-magnetic propagation in a medium
> What medium is that, Potty? Ectoplasm, the ghost of aether?
>
> -- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

Electromagnetic waves convey action
from a sources to sinks
much like Newton's cradle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Newtons_cradle_animation_book_2.gif

Maxwell modeled the transfer very well
with his "displacement current".

In order to explain how electromagnetic action propagated,
Maxwell came up with the concept of "dielectric displacement"
Yes, we know, aether. Seven years after Maxwell's death Michelson
made it redundant, rendering Maxwell's theory of permittivity of aether
obsolete. When the substance vanishes its properties vanish too.
Your Newton's cradle analogy is a good one; but for a magnetic field,
not a displacement current. Had Maxwell lived he'd have modified his
theory. When the first ball is raised it has potential energy and no
motion, akin to a voltage. When released the PE falls to zero and
the KE is at a maximum, akin to a magnetic field. Striking the next
ball, the first ball stops dead and the KE is transferred to the next
ball which rises. You've got displacement KE, but not displacement
current. You can do the same with a chain of transformers, the
secondary winding connected to the primary of the next transformer,
but the links in the chain are alternating copper loop, iron loop,
copper loop, iron loop... with an electric current in the copper and
a magnetic flux in the iron. So I'll say again: What medium is that,
Potty? Ectoplasm, the ghost of aether? Electromagnetic waves are
the alternating fields that exist without the hardware of copper
and iron. AND WITHOUT AETHER.
Corollary:
The velocity of light is source dependent, not aether dependent
or observer dependent. Newton's cradle (if you want the analogy)
works just the same in the ISS travelling at 17,000 mph and so does
MMX.
Newton would agree, Galileo would agree, William of Ockham
would agree. Throw that gamma shit out, it's for the birds.

-- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway