Replies: 128   Last Post: Dec 8, 2013 3:21 PM

clicliclic@freenet.de

Albert Rich schrieb:

> On Sunday, February 24, 2013 5:11:47 AM UTC-10, clicl...@freenet.de wrote:
>

> > There are 8 chapters in the book containing 81+90+14+132+120+26+11+59 =
> > 533 integration examples; ...

> Is there some reason you left out the 109 problems in Chapter 8 of
> Timofeev's book?

No reason but my failure to check and double-check - I solemnly swear
that it was no attempt to make the transcription task look easier!
I had probably assumed somehow the table of contents ended on page 6.
However, the mistake was discovered and corrected later on.

Being based on the number assigned to the last "example" of each
Chapter, these data are just approximate anyway, because the "examples"
include some multiple integrands and evaluations, as you saw in Chapter
1, as well as some transformation formulae whose right-hand-side is not
meant to represent an evaluation, as Axel discovered in Chapter 3 (see
#4 and #5 on p. 105). I propose to continue the practice of including
all subcases of the former in the suite, and of simply omitting the
latter.

So the exact size of the A. F. Timofeev symbolic integration test suite
is unknown still!

Martin.

Date Subject Author
clicliclic@freenet.de