Topic: Sequence limit
Replies: 72   Last Post: Nov 26, 2013 12:07 AM

Bart Goddard

Re: Sequence limit

Mohan Pawar <mohanpawar@mpclasses.com> wrote in

> I won't attempt to attain a low level to match you

That "low level" is still far above you.

> I am assuming that the most relevant issue was why limit was decided
> by the index m and not the base |sin(1/m)| in lim m -> 0 |sin (1/m)
> |^(m).

No, the relevant issue is that there is a difference between
the discrete and continuous versions of the limit. You
remain completely ignorant of the whole issue.

You also continue to ignore the fact that sin(x) is
zero infinitely often, and therefore is very close to
zero infinitely often. Your garbage proof skips over
this most important fact when you say

> and one doesn't need to care
> about value of ln(|sin (1/m)|).

Sure, skip the most important fact without justification.

> (ALSO, VERIFIABLE ON WOLFRAM ALPHA)

Which assumes a continuous variable, and therefore is
not relevant to the issue here.

> Notice that the new additional steps are no different from my
> original two line justification that saves above labor

Yes, both versions are equally incorrect.

Please go away. Your unfounded arrogance is far worse than
what you call my "vitriol."

If you ever get to the point where you understand that

lim_{x-> oo} (sin(x))^{1/x} does not exist, while your
"proof" above shows the opposite, you'll be
at college freshman level. You still won't have anything
interesting to say, but at least you'll have made progress.

Date Subject Author
10/3/13
Read Sequence limit
Bart Goddard