Topic: A conjecture for sets of four primes
Replies: 12   Last Post: Oct 14, 2013 8:11 PM

Luis A. Rodriguez

Re: A conjecture for sets of four primes

El viernes, 11 de octubre de 2013 12:07:04 UTC-4:30, Ludovicus escribió:

> "Any square of an even number >=8 can be decomposed as the sums of 4 odd prime numbers.
> The sum of the squares of one of the sets is another square."

> The first part is based in Goldbach's Conjecture. The second I suppose is a new conjecture.

The condition of the even to be an square it is because to be even is not sufficient. For example 34 can be partitioned in four primes in 23 different forms, but the sum of its squares is not another square.