Topic: Random
Replies: 4   Last Post: Oct 14, 2013 9:48 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Random

"Rachel " <lalavipbb@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Nasser M. Abbasi" wrote in message <l3fp3p$cmm$2@speranza.aioe.org>...
>> On 10/13/2013 8:21 PM, Rachel wrote:
>> > How do you do this question:
>> > Construct a row array, "random", containing 15 randomly generated
>> > numbers between 1 and 2
>> >
>> > Thank you!
>> >

>> Did you look at rand? it has examples. I think the first one
>> will answer your question.
>>
>> help rand
>>

> The part that i'm stuck on is the fact that the numbers have to be between
> 1 and 2, not the rand part. Since rand will only produce numbers from 0 to
> 1

You know an operation that will allow you to transform the numbers between 0
and 1 returned by RAND into numbers between 1 and 2. It's one of the first
mathematical operations (if not THE first) you learned.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

Date Subject Author