Replies: 163   Last Post: Nov 13, 2013 10:45 AM

Bart Goddard

Dan Christensen <Dan_Christensen@sympatico.ca> wrote in

>> 3^2 = (0^0)^2 = 0^(2*0) = 0^0 = 3
>>

> Good point! That's why I stipulate that a non-zero base for the Power
> of a Power Rule (Theorem 5) which you use in your 2nd step.

Which is why you have nothing but contradictions here. You're
asserting that 0^0 can be defined to be anything, and the
exponent rules still work. They don't. However, if 0^0=0
or 0^0 =1, they do. Everyone on this group gets this point
but you. You can't extend a definition without extending it.

Date Subject Author
Dan Christensen
Brian Q. Hutchings
ross.finlayson@gmail.com