Replies: 163   Last Post: Nov 13, 2013 10:45 AM

Dan Christensen

On Friday, October 18, 2013 10:23:02 AM UTC-4, fom wrote:
> On 10/18/2013 8:55 AM, Dan Christensen wrote:
>

> > There are no partial functions here. There is no need for any form of modal logic to resolve this problem. And there is no need to dump our old friend, 0.
>

> Grow up and learn something.
>

> There is "no problem" to resolve.
>

> Your statements are only meaningful in a
>
> system of logic that treats alternatives
>
> definitively. It is necessarily a modal
>
> condition.

Good old first-order logic is quite up to the job, as I think I have shown.

> There are no "roaming" constant values
>
> in any logic except the illogic of
>
> illogical people.

I don't know what you mean "roaming constant values," but there is nothing weird going on here. This is not some new form of logic. I have just identified characteristics that are common all so-called "exponent-like" functions on N. And I have derived the Laws of Exponents from these common characteristics.

Dan
Visit my new math blog at http://www.dcproof.wordpress.com

Date Subject Author
Dan Christensen