Topic: GPS
Replies: 1   Last Post: Oct 19, 2013 7:31 AM

Lord Androcles

Re: GPS

Palsing
wrote in message

When you jump frames, John, you are led astray...
Ok, I've seen my error, I'm going to be nice.

Speed of muon in Earth's frame of reference: v = x/t
Speed of Earth in muon's frame of reference: \upsilon = \xi/\tau
\xi = x/sqrt(1-v^2/c^2)
\tau = t * sqrt(1-v^2/c^2)
\upsilon = xi/ [t * (1-v^2/c^2)] > v
backslash(letter) is the greek letter that not readable on some newsreaders.

I see my error, though. I should long ago have realised you were
mathematically illiterate or you would not be mumbling such idiocies as
"jump frames".
Do they have evening classes where you live? If so take a course in
elementary algebra, there is no shame in it, and after few weeks when
you have some confidence in yourself make a copy of the algebra I've
written above then take it along to your tutor and ask him to explain it to
you.

If you said to Kelleher that seen from the Moon the Earth hangs in the sky,
its only movement being to turn on its own axis, not only would you be
right, you'd be frame jumping from Earth to Moon. There is nothing wrong
with frame "jumping" as you call it, seeing the Earth from the Moon (or
from the Sun for that matter) in the mind's eye is quite legitimate and is
Kelleher's greatest difficulty. He can't imagine seeing the Earth from
either
the Sun or the Moon; you've seen his posts on retrograde motion of the
inner planets. Even now that other mathematical illiterate, Quadiblockhead,
is trying to explain the movement of the Sun against the backdrop of fixed
stars which of course are unseen in daylight. Some chance of that!
You'd also be up against a bigoted moron who cannot understand you at all,
not because he won't understand you but because he can't, he has autism.
Pearls before swine, sticking a pig will only make it squeal, and all that.
You can never challenge my algebra or Einstein's algebra because you can't
read it, and you never have challenged it, neither has your pal
Quadiblockhead.
If you could read algebra you'd try to nitpick it as Mickey Moron did, but
without success. Calling you an idiot has no effect because you really are
an idiot and deep down you know you are, but like so many others, you hide
your shame behind bluster.
I've found you out, Palsing, you can't read algebra. Go to evening classes,
old chap, and be enlightened. I mean that well.

I don't hate you, John, not at all, you and Kelleher are my greatest source
of entertainment on these forums, although to see each of you stumble over
and over again is becoming all to predictable, and by now, mostly, the
thrill is gone.
I believe you, ya poor old fella, but I'll stick to my guns because I have
the ammunition of algebra whereas you brought a pair of scissors to a
gunfight. I must say they do snip rather well but they can't help you win.
Neither can your bluster. I also have scissors, but prefer not to use them.
I have no bluster at all, just the sharp sword of logic, Ockham's Razor.
Bullying Cardinal Bellarmine thought he's beaten Galileo but 400 years later
the Church was forced into admitting defeat, Galileo had won all along. You
can't defeat me by your bullying bluster either.

You messed up the frames and the math in the muon thing, and you messed up
the frames and the math in the Trip to Sirius thing, and you just can't live
it down.
===================================
I'm sticking to my guns on that and I'm living it up, you
intellect-impoverished old fool.

Speed of muon in Earth's frame of reference: v = x/t (by definition)
Frame jump to
Speed of Earth in muon's frame of reference: \upsilon = \xi/\tau
Nothing to "mess up" there.

The algebra:
\xi = x'/sqrt(1-v^2/c^2) (given by Einstein)
Nothing to "mess up" there.

\tau = t * sqrt(1-v^2/c^2) (given by Einstein)
Nothing to "mess up" there.

Conclusion:
\upsilon = x'/t * 1/(1-v^2/c^2) by simple substitution.
Nothing to "mess up" there.

The trip to Sirius has the identical equations so we'll send the muon to
Sirius.

We plug the numbers into the equations.
v = 0.9994c, given by Bailey Borer et. al.
x' =8.6 LY.
t = 8.6/0.9994c (time = distance/speed)
We calculate:
\upsilon = 8.6/8.6 * 0.9994 * 1/(1-0.9994^2)
= 0.9994 * 1/(1-0.99880036)
= 0.9994 * 1/(0.00119964)
= 0.9994 * 833.58340835584008535894101563802
= 833.08325831082658130772565102864
Sirius comes to the muon at a speed of 833c according to Einstein.

Einstein messed up. He messed up at the beginning when he said
"light is always propagated in empty space with a definite velocity c which
is independent of the state of motion of the emitting body"

I can see just fine, John, and in every view you are not looking so good
these days.
Stop blustering, you crazy old fool, you can't see algebra right under your
nose. Take evening classes, old fart, cepheids are constant emitters in
elliptical orbits.

-- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

\Paul A