Replies: 87   Last Post: Oct 25, 2013 2:44 PM

namducnguyen

On 19/10/2013 5:23 AM, Peter Percival wrote:
> Nam Nguyen wrote:
>

>> What definition of "invalidity" were you referring to _here_ ? Mine?
>
> If you use the word "invalidity" is newsgroups called sci.logic and
> sci.math then it should probably be with its usual technical meaning. If
> you use it in another sense you should probably say what sense that is
> right from the start.

I already did in this very thread define one or two forms of invalidity
for meta statements. If you don't remember then say so and I'll try to
cite the post for you.

In any rate, one of the forms is that:

H => C

where it's impossible to know the truth value of H given all available
definitions, permissible reasoning methods within the underlying logic
framework [FOL(=) in this case.]

NYOGEN SENZAKI

Date Subject Author
namducnguyen