Replies: 87   Last Post: Oct 25, 2013 2:44 PM

fom

On 10/19/2013 8:40 AM, Peter Percival wrote:
> fom wrote:

>>> If you use the word "invalidity" is newsgroups called sci.logic and
>>> sci.math then it should probably be with its usual technical meaning. If
>>> you use it in another sense you should probably say what sense that is
>>> right from the start.
>>>

>> It does get confusing, doesn't it? Given that Nam's apparent
>> views are epistemic and modal,

> And yet he refuses to say what is epistemic and modal assumptions are,
> though he is fond of the phrase "impossible to know".

I do not think he understand the question
or how it matters.

The same seems true of Dan. I am more than
willing to grant that 0^0 does not have a
unique value. Then, even the second-order
Peano theory cannot be categorical because
of the modal alternatives.

It is as if he "knows"

~( 0 = 1 )

but cannot grasp

~( 1 = 2 )

or whatever "many" is not contradictory.

I think the same is true with Nam. I try
not to be overly critical. But, what is one
to conclude when someone does not, at least, glance
at materials recommended by others to see if it
is relevant in the way that the others suggest?

Oh well.

Date Subject Author
namducnguyen
Peter Percival