Topic: Removing a range from an array
Replies: 3   Last Post: Oct 20, 2013 11:34 AM

dpb

Re: Removing a range from an array

On 10/19/2013 1:00 PM, Michael wrote:
> i have a range of angular data (0-360) degrees in a vector, and I want
> to only keep specific elements in this Vector. I want to only keep
> values that meet the following criteria for vector x...
>
> 22.5 <= x < 67.5 & 202.5<= x < 247.5
>
> Any help you could provide would be great. I can get rid of the values <
> 22.5 and >=247.5 but the middle values I'm having an issue with.
>
> Please let me know if you have a way of doing this.

> type iswithin.m

function flg=iswithin(x,lo,hi)
% returns T for values within range of input
% SYNTAX:
% [log] = iswithin(x,lo,hi)
% returns T for x between lo and hi values, inclusive

flg= (x>=lo) & (x<=hi);

y=x(iswithin(x,22.5,67.5) & iswithin(x,202.5,247.5));