Replies: 87   Last Post: Oct 25, 2013 2:44 PM

Peter Percival

Nam Nguyen wrote:
> On 19/10/2013 11:32 AM, fom wrote:

>> And, the meaning of "impossible to know"?
>
> Right there: right in front of you.
>
> _A meta truth_ is said to be impossible to know if it's not in the
> collection of meta truths, resulting from all available definitions,
> permissible reasoning methods, within the underlying logic framework
> [FOL(=) in this case].

We don't yet know if PA|-cGC or PA|-~cGC, so we don't know if "PA|-cGC"
or "PA|-~cGC" is in the collection of meta truths. So we don't know if
it's impossible to know cGC (or ~cGC). Why, then, do you claim that
it's impossible to know cGC (or ~cGC)?

Do you know that both cGC and ~cGC are not in the collection of meta
truths? If so you must know that neither PA|-cGC nor PA|-~cGC. You
should publish your proof. And stop claiming that Gödel's
incompleteness theorem is invalid, because if neither PA|-cGC nor
PA|-~cGC, then that is an example of incompleteness.

Also if you know that neither PA|-cGC nor PA|-~cGC, then you've proved
PA consistent. So you should stop claiming that its consistency is
unprovable.

--
The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here
Lincoln at Gettysburg

Date Subject Author
namducnguyen
Peter Percival