Replies: 87   Last Post: Oct 25, 2013 2:44 PM

Peter Percival

Nam Nguyen wrote:
> On 19/10/2013 1:24 PM, Nam Nguyen wrote:

>> "Fom" asked me a very specific DEFINITION-question and I've given a very
>> specific answer to his question.
>>
>> Until you and fom let me know if this definition is understood by
>> you both, I'm not answering further to your endless postings resulted
>> from _your not understanding my definition_ .
>>
>> So, here it is again:
>>

>> > _Do you first understand the definition itself_ ?
>> >
>> > Would you please confirm you now do or still don't? Thanks.

>>> If I've understood it (the definition of "impossible to know") then my
>>> argument above is valid. If it's valid then you're wrong about Gödel.
>>> So you should be careful about what you ask to be confirmed.
>>>
>>> You have been caught out in a contradiction. Now, what's it to be:
>>> i) you are too dim to recognize it,
>>> ii) you are too dishonest to recognize it,

>> You forgot another possibility:
>>
>> You're too intellectually coward to admit my definition is sound,
>> which would lead to the fact you've been so stupid in this debate.
>>

>>> iii) you admit that your claims about cGC and Gödel are wrong?
>>> Not iii) I bet.

> I'll give you a breathing room: let me know if you understand my
> definition of "impossible to know"

It is from your definition of "impossible to know" that I deduce that
you can prove that neither PA|-cGC nor PA|-~cGC. Hence you have proved
Gödel's incompleteness theorem and you have proved PA is consistent. So
if I understood your definition then you are wrong about Gödel's
incompleteness theorem being invalid and you are wrong about PA not
being provably consistent.

--
The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here
Lincoln at Gettysburg

Date Subject Author
namducnguyen
Peter Percival