Replies: 87   Last Post: Oct 25, 2013 2:44 PM

namducnguyen

On 19/10/2013 2:21 PM, Peter Percival wrote:
> Nam Nguyen wrote:

>>> It is from your definition of "impossible to know" that I deduce that
>>> you can prove that neither PA|-cGC nor PA|-~cGC. Hence you have proved
>>> Gödel's incompleteness theorem and you have proved PA is consistent.

>>> So
>>> if I understood your definition then you are wrong about Gödel's
>>> incompleteness theorem being invalid and you are wrong about PA not
>>> being provably consistent.

>> You see: it's your keep saying "if I understood your definition" that
>> has raised a red flag to me. What happen if your understanding of my
>> definition is incorrect? Should it be in that case we have to see eye
>> to eye on the definition itself first, before you blaming me for the
>> alleged being wrong about Gödel's work here?
>>
>> So please confirm if you indeed you understand my definition.

> Do you want me to understand it? If I do, then I deduce that you can
> prove that neither PA|-cGC nor PA|-~cGC. Hence you have proved Gödel's
> incompleteness theorem and you have proved PA is consistent. So if I
> understood your definition then you are wrong about Gödel's
> incompleteness theorem being invalid and you are wrong about PA not
> being provably consistent.
>
> Perhaps for that reason you don't want me to understand it.

Of course a presenter would want the listeners to understand his
_definitions_ .

But do you, Peter Percival, understand my definition of "impossible
to know" here?

Your answering me here would shape my further responses to you: if
you don't understand, I'll have to work with you on your understanding
first, and we'll see if you'd still have the same protest.

If you do understand, I'll point out where you were incorrect in
your blaming me about GIT.

If you don't let me know whether or not you understand my definition,
a million posts between you and me would go by and we'd go nowhere,
and I'd keep asking you the very same question about my definition.

>> (From what you've said I don't think you understand. But I'd
>> rather hear it from you, than my own guessing!)

NYOGEN SENZAKI

Date Subject Author
namducnguyen
Peter Percival