Replies: 87   Last Post: Oct 25, 2013 2:44 PM

namducnguyen

On 19/10/2013 3:07 PM, Peter Percival wrote:
> Nam Nguyen wrote:

>>> It's a quotation from some amendment to the US constitution. Don't ask
>>> me, I know nothing.

>>> Is this clear enough?

>> No: it's not clear enough that you do - or do not - understand the
>> definition.

>>> From your definition:

>> Right. That's my definition of the phrase here.

>>> this follows:

>> No. _It does NOT follow from my definition_ .

> Why not? Where does the following (quite brilliant, in my opinion)
> reasoning fail?

I've repeatedly asked you first if you understand my definition.

Answer my question first and I'll fully respond (as I've given you
the caveat). I don't want to waste time responding something about
a definition that you don't confirm you'd understand.

>>> We don't yet know if PA|-cGC or PA|-~cGC, so we don't know if "PA|-cGC"
>>> or "PA|-~cGC" is in the collection of meta truths. So we don't know if
>>> it's impossible to know cGC (or ~cGC). Why, then, do you claim that
>>> it's impossible to know cGC (or ~cGC)?
>>>
>>> Do you know that both cGC and ~cGC are not in the collection of meta
>>> truths? If so you must know that neither PA|-cGC nor PA|-~cGC. You
>>> should publish your proof. And stop claiming that Gödel's
>>> incompleteness theorem is invalid, because if neither PA|-cGC nor
>>> PA|-~cGC, then that is an example of incompleteness.
>>>
>>> Also if you know that neither PA|-cGC nor PA|-~cGC, then you've proved
>>> PA consistent. So you should stop claiming that its consistency is
>>> unprovable.

NYOGEN SENZAKI

Date Subject Author
namducnguyen