Replies: 87   Last Post: Oct 25, 2013 2:44 PM

fom

On 10/20/2013 1:25 AM, Nam Nguyen wrote:
> On 19/10/2013 11:51 PM, fom wrote:
>> On 10/20/2013 12:04 AM, Nam Nguyen wrote:
>>>
>>> If you don't confirm, as you both haven't, then don't be a pathetic
>>> liar citing "available"-excuse here: you've never confirmed so I
>>> couldn't know if you didn't understand the definition, let alone
>>> knowing "available" would stand in the way of your understanding
>>> my definition.
>>>
>>> If you and Peter didn't understand my definition because of the
>>> word "available", _why the hell didn't your guys simply answer_
>>> _my request_ with something like "No, I don't understand your
>>> definition. Would you elaborate more"?
>>>

>> Because both Peter and I are aware that there are specific
>> logics which address words like "impossible" and "know".
>>
>> We have explained that to you repeatedly at the expense of
>> our own time, only to be ignored and insulted.
>>
>> Since you seem to enjoy an impenetrable constitution
>> with regard to any ability to comprehend these facts,
>> I have moved on to the word "available". I have gone
>> back to the same questions that I had been asking before.
>> There had been no need to worry about your definition
>> because it has no substance.

>> Moreover, asking you to
>> elaborate on anything only leads to questions being
>> responded to with questions and other evasive techniques.

> You're a liar, fom. This is excerpted from the conversation:
>
> fom asked Nam:

> to which Nam directly respond:
>

> >> Right there: right in front of you.
> >>
> >> _A meta truth_ is said to be impossible to know if it's not in the
> >> collection of meta truths, resulting from all available definitions,
> >> permissible reasoning methods, within the underlying logic framework
> >> [FOL(=) in this case].

> > Do you, fom, now understand my definition for the phrase "impossible
> > to know" in this context?
> >
> > Would you be able to confirm?

> I only asked you if you'd understand a definition that you yourself
> had challenged me to come up. What exactly did you find evasive in
> my definition and asking you to confirm above?
>
> For the record, if
>
> "resulting from all available definitions, permissible reasoning
> methods"
>
> is so difficult for you to comprehend, you could easily read that as:
>
> "resulting from [all available] definitions, permissible reasoning
> methods"
>
> where "[all available]" is just an optional helping annotation!
>
> If you don't understand such a simple expression in natural language
> (English) then I'm very sorry that you should disengage from my thread:
> there's not much I could help you, other than suggesting to you
> textbooks such as Shoenfield's would have a lot of similar technical
> but English expressions too.
>
> Again, if you don't understand the basic definitions of concepts I'd
> use against Godel's work, please disengage from thread.

Do you not see the conditional in your statement?

"...is said to be impossible to know *if* it's not
in the collection..."

Hence the meaning of the statement relies on the
other part of the statement to which I referred.

And, Peter and I have continually asked about definitions
and reasoning methods in our pursuit of the meanings
ambiguously floating around this so-called "definition".

Answers are never forthcoming.

And forthcoming answers never obtained.

Date Subject Author
namducnguyen