Replies: 87   Last Post: Oct 25, 2013 2:44 PM

namducnguyen

On 20/10/2013 12:34 AM, fom wrote:
> On 10/20/2013 1:25 AM, Nam Nguyen wrote:

>>> Because both Peter and I are aware that there are specific
>>> logics which address words like "impossible" and "know".
>>>
>>> We have explained that to you repeatedly at the expense of
>>> our own time, only to be ignored and insulted.
>>>
>>> Since you seem to enjoy an impenetrable constitution
>>> with regard to any ability to comprehend these facts,
>>> I have moved on to the word "available". I have gone
>>> back to the same questions that I had been asking before.
>>> There had been no need to worry about your definition
>>> because it has no substance.

>>> Moreover, asking you to
>>> elaborate on anything only leads to questions being
>>> responded to with questions and other evasive techniques.

>> You're a liar, fom. This is excerpted from the conversation:
>>
>> fom asked Nam:

>> to which Nam directly respond:

>> > Do you, fom, now understand my definition for the phrase "impossible
>> > to know" in this context?
>> >
>> > Would you be able to confirm?

>> I only asked you if you'd understand a definition that you yourself
>> had challenged me to come up. What exactly did you find evasive in
>> my definition and asking you to confirm above?
>>
>> For the record, if
>>
>> "resulting from all available definitions, permissible reasoning
>> methods"
>>
>> is so difficult for you to comprehend, you could easily read that as:
>>
>> "resulting from [all available] definitions, permissible reasoning
>> methods"
>>
>> where "[all available]" is just an optional helping annotation!
>>
>> If you don't understand such a simple expression in natural language
>> (English) then I'm very sorry that you should disengage from my thread:
>> there's not much I could help you, other than suggesting to you
>> textbooks such as Shoenfield's would have a lot of similar technical
>> but English expressions too.
>>
>> Again, if you don't understand the basic definitions of concepts I'd
>> use against Godel's work, please disengage from thread.
>>

> Do you not see the conditional in your statement?
>
> "...is said to be impossible to know *if* it's not
> in the collection..."

What specifically didn't you understand about the phrase?

> Hence the meaning of the statement relies on the
> other part of the statement to which I referred.

What specifically didn't you understand about the phrase?

> And, Peter and I have continually asked about definitions
> and reasoning methods in our pursuit of the meanings
> ambiguously floating around this so-called "definition".

If you don't know by now then I'll let you know. I've mentioned
the phrase "FOL(=) reasoning framework" many ... many times.
So one of the _prerequisites_ in this presentation is one should
know enough about FOL(=) framework, including its permissible
reasoning methods.

Shoenfield's would be one source you could look them up. And I'd
suspect, say, Moeblee might suggest other books if you ask him.

> Answers are never forthcoming.>
> And forthcoming answers never obtained.

Again, if you don't know those FOL(=) framework permissible
reasoning methods, please look them up elsewhere: I simply
can't list them all for you here; and you're supposed to know
at least enough of them that are relevant in this presentation.

NYOGEN SENZAKI

Date Subject Author
namducnguyen
Peter Percival