Replies: 163   Last Post: Nov 13, 2013 10:45 AM

Bart Goddard

Dan Christensen <Dan_Christensen@sympatico.ca> wrote in

> Clearly, it bothers some readers here that there is not just one, but
> infinitely many functions on N that fit all our requirements for
> exponentiation

No, what bothers us is that you _say_ this, when we
know for a fact that there are only two ways, not
infinitely many. You propose inifinity-minus-two
functions which fail miserably to "fit all our requirements
ofr exponentiation." For instance, all of us sane
people require that 3 and 9 not be equal.

Date Subject Author
Dan Christensen
Brian Q. Hutchings
ross.finlayson@gmail.com