Replies: 87   Last Post: Oct 25, 2013 2:44 PM

fom

On 10/20/2013 12:56 PM, Nam Nguyen wrote:
> On 20/10/2013 11:22 AM, Nam Nguyen wrote:

>>> Well, one interpretation of the problem is
>>> that anything based upon "what is prior" and
>>> "what is posterior" with a first step is
>>> interpretable relative to the ordinal sequence
>>> of natural numbers.

>> Kindly let me and the fora know what your _FORMAL definition_
>> of the "natural numbers". I don't know what your definition
>> is so I don't see any relevance between your paragraph above and my
>> thesis here. (For the record, my definition of the concept of natural
>> numbers is such that it could be only of _informal knowledge_ ).
>>

>>> Rules of inference are stepwise syntactic transformations.
>>>
>>> How do you formulate a deductive theory which
>>> is not interpretable in relation to the ordinal
>>> sequence of natural numbers from which you
>>> wish to assert independence?

> One would _formulate_ any formal system by listing out all the
> axioms which, in typical cases such as PA or ZFC, all together
> there are finitely many of them, up to axiom schema.
>
> _No interpretation is required in the formulation_ .
>
> _If interpretation must necessarily be required_ then the formulation
> of the underlying "formal" system T must necessarily be of _informal_
> status.

Because you chose not to think about the
entire reply, you fail to understand what
had been stated.

It has nothing to do with what is required
or not required. And, it has nothing to do
with whether or not one desires to interpret
or purports not to interpret.

It has to do with what is unavoidable because
of the structure of ordinal sequencing.

Perhaps this sense of stating the matter
might help:

If there are "absolutely undecidable" statements,
then they are "unavoidably absolute".

The order isomorphism here is unavoidably absolute.

>>> Aristotle has a discussion concerning four forms
>>> of priority (which, unaccountably, turns into
>>> five forms by the end of the passage). Deductions
>>> and ordinal sequences are bound in this way and
>>> cannot be undone.
>>>
>>> Your second paragraph appears to ask for a distinction
>>> which is indemonstrable and inconceivable.
>>>
>>> Incompleteness merely reflects that numbers and
>>> deductions cannot be placed into the relation of
>>> priority with respect to one another.

>> Kindly let me and the fora know what your summarized but
>> concise meta disproof of my thesis here concerning, say,
>> GIT.
>>
>> If it's not a disproof (or an acknowledgement I've been correct)
>> kindly accept my apology that I'm not interested in anything else,
>> due to my time availability.

Start reading more and using your mouth less.

Date Subject Author
namducnguyen
Peter Percival
LudovicoVan